Saturday, July 16, 2011

Guess how much I've lost !! :)

Disappointed by zero weight loss last week, I've continued on my new normal.  I've continued the protein shakes, and hit the track walking, and even RUNNING just a little yesterday.  I've added a pair of 4lb. weights and started working out my arms with them.  And I'm feeling great!  If only to feel great, I'd continue on.

But I'm thrilled to announce that, sneaking a peak at the scales, scared to look, but hoping with all my heart, I've lost 2lbs.  Yes... 2 whole pounds!!  It's such a mystery to me how I can lose nothing for weeks, then lose 2 lbs, seemingly, in 4 days.  But there it is, and I'm taking it.  To be fair to myself and you, I even rechecked my weight this morning, and there it was...still a loss of 2lbs.

Moral of the story...keep going.  I'd been experiencing a really long and hard 'plateau.'  Since April I'd not lost...but my new work out routines and the protein shakes, and likely as not, simply the renewed zeal for all things healthy, and the weight loss has begun again.

And did I mention I feel great.  I have a protein shake for breakfast, and usually one at lunch.  Sometimes I have a salad instead, and have the protein shake later in the afternoon.  Then I eat dinner.  I've been trying to prepare somewhat healthier evening meals, but I can't say I've been truly avoiding calories.  I've simply eaten as much as I felt like eating at supper.  Even had a snack or two.  But still, with the overall lowered caloric intake, and the much better nutrition, AND the added physical activity, my body is doing what it was created to do.  It's using stored fat for calories, and therefore I'm losing weight.

Any of you who've been following this blog have read about the supplements I'm using.  For others of you, I've created a page that I will update as needed, which lists what I'm eating and taking.  Not a daily food journal...but a simple list of supplements, protein powder, vitamins, whatever, that I'm currently using.

I've grown convinced that a combination of eating a wealth of nutrients and getting good exercise is what will bring me to my goals.  My goals?  To be healthy, physically fit, strong, and comfortably at my ideal weight.  I've not set a hard and fast number for my ideal weight, really.  I'll know when I get to it, because it will feel good.  But it will be in the vicinity of 130 pounds.  These types of goals are not truly achieved in a week or two...no crash diet or fad will accomplish my goals.  It is requiring a new lifestyle...a new normal for me.

No comments: