Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eat This...AND That

You have probably heard of the popular "Eat This Not That" book, wherein we learn the hidden hazards of some foods, and what to eat instead. 
Okay.

Truth is, a whole lot of us out there want to eat what we want to eat, and we don't like telling ourselves 'no'.

All I can say is what has worked for me... You'll have to see what works for you.  Here is what I've done to turn my unhealthy diet around, and I'm feeling great because of it: I made one hard and fast "rule" for myself, and I don't waiver on it.  Then I eat what I want. The rule?

Drink a protein shake containing 26 grams of whey protein for breakfast, and another at lunch.

That's it.  I started by ADDING something to my diet, not taking something away.  And then I found I didn't have much appetite for other things I normally filled up on, like sweet rolls, chips, etc.  The reduction in caloric intake resulted in some initial weight loss that was inspiring.  I began to eat more veggies, take some vitamins... And found I felt even better.  I began to work out, utilizing some of the new found vitality.  I felt even better.  Now I'm losing weight, working out, feeling strong, and focused on my good health instead of complaining about how bad I feel.

Please Note:  I'm not a doctor... or a nutritionist.  I'm just telling you what worked for me.  Some people might not benefit from more protein in their diet.  Some people might be allergic to whey.  How do I know??  Be responsible for your own choices, and if you don't know what to do, please ask your doctor.   :)

Here is a recipe for a morning frappucino that I think is delicious:

In a blender, add:
One scoop of vanilla or chocolate Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder
3 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 cup cold water
(You could add a dash of vanilla, or some cinnamon, or some extra cocoa powder, or some milk, or some non-dairy creamer...all of which will undoubtedly be scrumptious, but may also contain a few calories.  I add several nutritional supplements, including MSM, Alpha-lipoic Acid, and Omega 3-6-9.)

Blend this until well blended.  Add 1/2 a glassful of ice cubes...about 6-8 cubes.  Blend until smooth on highest pulse setting.   
calories:  approx 188   fat: 2grams
carbohydrates: 3 grams   protein: 26 grams

Check out the smoothie recipe page for other ideas, and feel free to add a recipe to the comments section. 

No comments: